Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Meet Bessie



Bessie is the most wonderful tempered and beautiful 15 year old dog. She is a suspected cross between an Old English Sheepdog and a Golden Retriever.
She also has had a few health problems. Her skin has become increasingly messy with both eczema and blocked glands - causing noticeable irritations. Her back legs are tired and bothered by arthritis and she is partially deaf and blind.
Injections have helped her health and she seems to largely get by albeit she often appears tired and flat.
A dear friend, Helen, has recently started a new business preparing wholefood solutions for dogs. These are prepared in an industrial kitchen and then frozen for distribution and sale. I wont talk up the product yet until we see some results. If you want to know more you should visit www.heartandbowl.com.au
We have just started feeding Bessie with the new designer diet and are eagerly watching to see whether there is any changes in her well-being over the course of the next few weeks.
After 4 days of the diet she is already seemingly more buoyant and jolly. She is rolling around in the garden and has got her voice back - barking at the unwelcome postie who still insists on delivering an armful of tedious bills.

1 comment:

Bradford said...

- I hope Bessie gets good results.

My mini Long Haired Dachshund - Schultz has been on this diet for over a year and the results are great. He gets so many comments about how soft his fur is. As he is a guts and eats as much as he is given I feel good knowing I am not over feeding him and looking after his long back which sits on those little legs.

He was 2 months when he was put on the food and I immediately saw improvements in his coat texture